We are looking for a Client Management Associate to join TDI and directly support the full lifecycle of client engagement including but not limited to participating in initial business development meetings, responding to proposal requests, assisting with project management and communications, and post-engagement evaluations. These activities will be aligned to support the strategic and operational initiatives of the firm’s investigative due diligence and compliance services teams.
We have an apprenticeship-based talent development model, and this position is based on-site in our Washington, D.C. office.
The Associate will be responsible for the creation of long-term value through demonstrating and promoting effective client relationship management (CRM) behaviors in coordination and collaboration with the firm’s commercial team. The successful candidate is expected to quickly comprehend complex issues, regions, and industries; have familiarity with corporate ethics and compliance issues; engage positively with external clients and relationship stakeholders; exhibit effective interpersonal communication skills; and be able to effectively communicate through meetings, email, proposals, and other documents. Candidates will be asked to complete a diagnostic test to assess these capabilities.
- Manage and develop sustainable business relationships; re-sell and cross-sell within our existing client portfolio.
- Prepare/deliver clear and concise presentations, including advising clients on risk factors.
- Speak authoritatively, consistently, and accurately about the firm’s history, brand, values, and core methodologies.
- Serve as a key point of coordination and collaboration.
- Coordinate or provide support to ad hoc proposals, including formal procurement requests (g., Request for Proposal (RFP) or Request for Information)
- Identify, assess, and communicate markets trends impacting clients and industry stakeholders.
Desired Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent English-language writing, research, and analytical skills.
- Ability to quickly summarize complex issues, both verbally and in writing.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Experience assessing corporate compliance and regulatory risk in international markets.
- Exceptional client focus and service mentality.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a high-stress environment and under tight deadlines.
- Strong communication, self-awareness, and project management skills.
- Ability to review and edit the work of others.
- At least 2-4 years of relevant professional experience—conducting investigations and writing due diligence reports, or in management consulting.
- Bachelor’s degree in international relations, political science, regional studies, business, or related area of study.
- Professional fluency in English required.
- Proficiency with MS Office suite, Teams, Zoom, and CRM platforms
TDI is a strategic advisory and risk intelligence firm that helps multinational organizations more effectively manage commercial, regulatory, and reputational risk. We deliver a decisive information advantage to our clients through advisory services, due diligence and investigations, and a best-in-class analytics suite that dramatically increases efficiency and provides critical insights. Founded in 1999, TDI’s unique blend of commercial, intelligence, and technology experience allows us to understand and evaluate people, assets, and transactions within their broader political and commercial context.
Global Insight. Actionable Intelligence.
TDI is committed to equal opportunity employment. Applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, gender identity, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, age, disability or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
full-timeon-siteAnalyst, Due Diligence & InvestigationsLearn More
full-timeon-siteAssociate Director, Due DiligenceLearn More
full-timeon-siteAssociate/Sr. AssociateLearn More
full-timeon-siteAssociate, InvestigationsLearn More
full-timeon-siteProposal and Client Engagement CoordinatorLearn More
full-timeremoteCopy EditorLearn More
full-timeon-siteSales DirectorLearn More
full-timeon-siteHR DirectorLearn More
full-timeon-siteTalent Acquisition SpecialistLearn More