TDI is looking for a motivated and experienced Associate, Investigations to join our Advisory Practice in Washington, DC. The successful candidate will be team oriented and collaborative, have 3-5 years of experience managing US, international, and multijurisdictional investigations, have a track record in entrepreneurial, consulting, or similar fast-paced environments, and be a creative problem-solver.
The Associate will lead and directly support senior investigators on complex matters including corporate fraud and white collar crime, litigation support, market entry, and whistleblower FCPA investigations. As an essential member of the Advisory team, the Associate will primarily be responsible for:
- Leading a diverse portfolio of investigative projects including but not limited to open source and public records due diligence, market entry research, litigation support, corporate fraud investigations, etc.
- Working collaboratively with the firm’s senior investigative practitioners on commercial fraud, supply chain theft, insider threat, DDOS attack, adversarial campaign, and whistleblower investigations
- Communicating with and presenting oral and written findings to clients and the firm’s senior management team
- Producing high-quality narrative reports that address client needs and providing solutions based on research and analysis
- Gathering and interpreting confidential human-source intelligence within a specified time frame and budget
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Experience
- Subject matter expertise in one or more of the following: investigative litigation support, commercial fraud investigations, multi-jurisdictional investigations, reputational due diligence, a specific region or sector (e.g., Latin America, the telecommunications industry, environmental activism, etc.)
- Strong project management skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills as well as interpersonal skills
- Foreign language proficiency preferred, but not required (Arabic, Russian, or Mandarin)
- At least 3-5 years of previous experience conducting investigations for commercial clients and/or professional services firms (investigative, legal, accounting, or public relations)
- Bachelor’s degree in international relations, political science, regional studies, business, or related area of study required, Master’s degree preferred
Key TDI Values for this Role
- Client Focus: You are always available and responsive. You urgently address our clients’ needs. You take the approach of “first, do no harm” and take seriously our rule of not accruing risk to clients. You work tirelessly to build long-term, trusting relationships with our clients that place their needs and interests at the forefront.
- Impact: You accomplish amazing amounts of important work with a bias for action. You have an organized mind, are able to thrive in a chaotic environment, and achieve great results. You demonstrate consistently strong performance, so colleagues trust and can rely on you.
- Teamwork: You seek opportunities to assist colleagues and foster communication. You treat all members of the TDI team with respect and strive to support each other. You rally to help out team members to get quality work done on time and to client expectations.
TDI is a strategic advisory and risk intelligence firm that helps multinational organizations more effectively manage commercial, regulatory, and reputational risk. TDI delivers a decisive information advantage to our clients through advisory services, due diligence and investigations, and analytics. Founded in 1999, TDI’s unique blend of commercial, intelligence, and technology experience allows us to understand and evaluate people, assets, and transactions within their broader political and commercial context.
Global Insight. Actionable Intelligence.
TDI is committed to equal opportunity employment. Applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, gender identity, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, age, disability or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
full-timeon-siteAnalyst, Due Diligence & InvestigationsLearn More
full-timeon-siteAssociate Director, Due DiligenceLearn More
full-timeon-siteAssociate/Sr. AssociateLearn More
full-timeon-siteProposal and Client Engagement CoordinatorLearn More
full-timeremoteCopy EditorLearn More
full-timeon-siteSales DirectorLearn More
full-timeon-siteAssociate, Client ManagementLearn More
full-timeon-siteHR DirectorLearn More
full-timeon-siteTalent Acquisition SpecialistLearn More