TDI is looking for a Team Lead, APAC, to join us in our Washington, DC office. This position will be responsible for managing one of the firm’s due diligence research teams, specializing in Asia-Pacific countries. This is a leadership opportunity for an experienced due diligence professional to lead and mentor a team of individuals who must comprehend complex issues and industries quickly. This individual will also conduct detailed and complex investigative research and analysis—via a range of open-source and proprietary sources—to identify and understand regulatory and reputational risks. The successful candidate will be a “player-coach,” managing the team’s workflow and providing guidance—as well as contribute to project delivery.
- Provide leadership to and supervise the professional development and performance of analysts and associates in conducting research, performing analysis, and writing reports for final delivery to clients primarily focused on due diligence.
- Understand specific client requests and develop custom risk-analytic reports.
- Oversee the team’s production lifecycle, including the scope, schedule, profitability, and quality of projects from the time a tasking is received until it is closed out.
- Work with client managers to brief and advise clients.
- Ensure all work products meet client-specific expectations and our internal quality standards.
Required Skills and Knowledge
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills.
- Extremely strong reading comprehension skills in Chinese and regulatory risk knowledge of China and other Asia-Pacific markets
- Ability to exhibit a high level of work ethic and professionalism.
- Creative problem-solving abilities.
- Exceptional reading, writing, and analytical skills; candidates will be asked to complete a diagnostic test to this effect.
- Adept at effectively supervising a team of skilled analysts and associates.
- Excellent time management skills, and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- At least 6 years of relevant experience, including a proven track record of driving process improvement and training staff.
- At least 2 years of experience managing other people.
- At least 3 years of experience advising clients on regulatory or reputational risk issues and/or conducting and writing due diligence reports.
- At least 4 years of experience reviewing, editing, and providing quality control for client reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in international relations, political science, regional studies, business or related area of study.
- Professional fluency in English required; professional proficiency in another language preferred with a specific emphasis on Chinese.
TDI is a strategic advisory and risk intelligence firm that helps multinational organizations more effectively manage commercial, regulatory, and reputational risk. We deliver a decisive information advantage to our clients through advisory services, due diligence and investigations, and a best-in-class analytics suite that dramatically increases efficiency and provides critical insights. Founded in 1999, TDI’s unique blend of commercial, intelligence, and technology experience allows us to understand and evaluate people, assets, and transactions within their broader political and commercial context.
Global Insight. Actionable Intelligence.
TDI is committed to equal opportunity employment. Applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, gender identity, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, age, disability or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
full-timeon-siteAdministrative AssistantLearn More
full-timeon-siteAnalyst (Risk Intelligence)Learn More
full-timeon-siteMedia Monitoring AnalystLearn More
full-timeon-siteProgram ManagerLearn More
full-timeremoteSalesforce DeveloperLearn More
full-timeremoteSalesforce AdministratorLearn More
full-timeremoteSalesforce Project ManagerLearn More
full-timeremoteSalesforce QA/Support AnalystLearn More
full-timeon-siteSenior Analyst (Due Diligence)Learn More
full-timeon-siteStaff AccountantLearn More
full-timeon-siteTeam Lead (Media Monitoring)Learn More
full-timeon-siteTeam Lead (Due Diligence)Learn More