TDI is looking for a Team Lead to join us in our Washington, DC office and manage one of the firm’s due diligence teams. This is a leadership opportunity for an experienced due diligence professional to lead and mentor a team of individuals who must comprehend complex issues and industries quickly. This individual will also conduct detailed and complex investigative research and analysis—via a range of open-source and proprietary sources—to identify and understand regulatory and reputational risks. The successful candidate will be a “player-coach,” managing the team’s workflow and providing guidance—as well as contribute to project delivery. If an offer is extended and accepted, the role is remote until further notice.
- Provide leadership to and supervise the professional development and performance of analysts and associates in conducting research, performing analysis, and writing reports for final delivery to clients primarily focused on due diligence.
- Understand specific client requests and develop custom risk-analytic reports.
- Oversee the team’s production lifecycle, including the scope, schedule, profitability, and quality of projects from the time a tasking is received until it is closed out.
- Work with client managers to brief and advise clients.
- Ensure all work products meet client-specific expectations and our internal quality standards.
Required Skills and Knowledge
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills.
- Ability to exhibit a high level of work ethic and professionalism.
- Creative problem-solving abilities.
- Exceptional reading, writing, and analytical skills; candidates will be asked to complete a diagnostic test to this effect.
- Adept at effectively supervising a team of skilled analysts and associates.
- Excellent time management skills, and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- At least 6 years of relevant experience, including a proven track record of driving process improvement and training staff.
- At least 2 years of experience managing other people.
- At least 3 years of experience advising clients on regulatory or reputational risk issues and/or conducting and writing due diligence reports.
- At least 4 years of experience reviewing, editing, and providing quality control for client reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in international relations, political science, regional studies, business or related area of study.
- Professional fluency in English required; professional proficiency in another language preferred with a specific emphasis on Chinese or Arabic.
TDI is a strategic advisory and risk intelligence firm that helps multinational organizations, financial institutions, law firms, individuals, and government entities more effectively manage risk throughout the business lifecycle. TDI delivers a decisive information advantage to our clients through strategic advisory, risk intelligence, complex investigations, due diligence, and technology. Our firm’s unique blend of commercial and intelligence experience allows us to understand and evaluate people, assets, and transactions within their broader political and commercial context. Founded in 1999, our history of operating in opaque markets provides deep insight into the political, commercial, legal, regulatory, and reputational risk issues that our clients confront.
Global Insight. Actionable Intelligence.
TDI is committed to equal opportunity employment. Applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, gender identity, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, age, disability or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Full-TimeRemoteAccounting AssistantLearn More
Full-TimeRemoteAnalyst (Compliance, Risk and Intelligence)Learn More
Full-TimeRemoteClient Management Coordinator (Proposal Writing, Business Development)Learn More
Part-TimeRemoteCopy Editor (Part-time)Learn More
Full-TimeRemoteMedia Monitoring AnalystLearn More
Full-TimeRemoteSalesforce AdministratorLearn More
Full-TimeRemoteSalesforce DeveloperLearn More
Full-TimeRemoteSalesforce QA/Support AnalystLearn More
Full-TimeRemoteSenior Analyst (Compliance, Risk and Intelligence)Learn More
Full-TimeRemoteSenior Analyst, Chinese Language (Compliance, Risk and Intelligence)Learn More