TDI—a global risk intelligence firm—is currently seeking a Senior Associate to join our Due Diligence and Investigations (DD&I) practice in our Washington, D.C. office. The DD&I practice is responsible for conducting sophisticated open-source and human intelligence investigations that directly inform our client’s most critical business decisions and help them mitigate, manage, or exploit risk by providing the best intelligence available.
The Senior Associate will directly support the production of client deliverables and provide management support and is expected to comprehend complex issues, regions, and industries while conducting detailed investigative research and analysis to identify and understand regulatory risks. Senior Associates are responsible for handling the most challenging caseloads both in terms of number and complexity of projects and often manage a team of individual contributors. This is a great role for those seeking opportunities to transition into management.
- Provide leadership and supervise analysts in conducting research, performing analysis, and writing due diligence reports for final delivery to clients.
- Assist with the operations management of TDI’s due diligence and investigations practice.
- Manage and successfully deliver a diverse portfolio of at least 3-5 complex investigations at a time.
- Understand specific client requests to develop custom risk-analytic reports.
- Task and manage external sources required for projects.
- Manage the production lifecycle, including the scope, schedule, profitability, and quality of projects from the time tasking is received until it is closed out.
Desired Skills and Knowledge
- Strong interpersonal and leadership/coaching skills.
- Experience mentoring, training, or giving feedback to others in an informal or formal role.
- Ability to review and edit the work of others.
- Exceptional research, writing, and analytical skills; candidates may be asked to complete a diagnostic test to this effect.
- Ability to exhibit a high level of work ethic and professionalism.
- Creative problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- 3-4 years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in international relations, political science, regional studies, business or related area of study.
- Professional fluency in English required; professional proficiency in another language preferred with a specific emphasis on Portuguese, Spanish, Chinese, or Arabic.
TDI is a strategic advisory and risk intelligence firm that helps multinational organizations more effectively manage commercial, regulatory, and reputational risk. We deliver a decisive information advantage to our clients through advisory services, due diligence and investigations, and a best-in-class analytics suite that dramatically increases efficiency and provides critical insights. Founded in 1999, TDI’s unique blend of commercial, intelligence, and technology experience allows us to understand and evaluate people, assets, and transactions within their broader political and commercial context.
Global Insight. Actionable Intelligence.
TDI is committed to equal opportunity employment. Applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, gender identity, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, age, disability or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
full-timeon-siteAnalyst, Due DiligenceLearn More
full-timeon-siteAccounting AssistantLearn More
full-timeremoteCopy EditorLearn More
full-timeon-siteAssociate Director, Due DiligenceLearn More
full-timeremoteProject CoordinatorLearn More
full-timeremoteLead Salesforce DeveloperLearn More
full-timeon-siteSenior Analyst, Risk Intelligence & Due DiligenceLearn More