We are looking for a Senior Analyst to join us and directly support the production of client deliverables within the firm’s Due Diligence & Investigations unit. This position is based in our Washington, D.C. office. The successful candidate is expected to manage investigations—including due diligence, business risk intelligence, and market entry analyses—and to comprehend complex issues, regions, and industries quickly while conducting detailed investigative research and analysis to identify and assess geopolitical, reputational, and regulatory risks germane to clients’ commercial portfolios. Candidates will be asked to complete a diagnostic test to assess these capabilities.
- Conduct detailed research on entities and/or individuals of interest.
- Understand specific client requests to develop custom risk-analytic reports.
- Manage the production life cycle, including the scope, schedule, profitability, and quality of projects from the time tasking is received until it is closed out.
- Task and manage external sources required for projects.
- Review open source or records-based due diligence reports to ensure client readiness.
- Provide mentorship to analysts and in conducting research, performing analysis, and writing due diligence reports for final delivery to clients.
Desired Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent English-language writing, research, and analytical skills, including the ability to quickly and concisely summarize complex issues.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Client focus and service mentality.
- Time management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously under tight deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Creative problem-solving abilities with exceptional reading, writing, and analytical skills; candidates will be asked to complete a diagnostic test to this effect.
- Ability to review and edit the work of others.
- At least 2-4 years of relevant professional experience. Prior experience conducting research, due diligence, or investigations, or professional experience in emerging or frontier markets, is a plus.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in international relations, political science, regional studies, criminal justice, business or related area of study.
- Professional fluency in English required; professional proficiency in another language, with an emphasis on Arabic, Mandarin Chinese, Russian, Portuguese or Spanish, is a plus.
Please note interviews will be conducted via video conferencing or telephone.
TDI is a strategic advisory and risk intelligence firm that helps multinational organizations more effectively manage commercial, regulatory, and reputational risk. We deliver a decisive information advantage to our clients through advisory services, due diligence and investigations, and a best-in-class analytics suite that dramatically increases efficiency and provides critical insights. Founded in 1999, TDI’s unique blend of commercial, intelligence, and technology experience allows us to understand and evaluate people, assets, and transactions within their broader political and commercial context.
Global Insight. Actionable Intelligence.
TDI is committed to equal opportunity employment. Applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, gender identity, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, age, disability or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.