TDI—a global risk intelligence firm—is currently seeking an Associate, at the mid or senior level, to join our Due Diligence and Investigations (DD&I) practice in our Washington, D.C. office. The DD&I practice is responsible for conducting sophisticated open-source and human intelligence investigations that directly inform our client’s most critical business decisions and help them mitigate, manage, or exploit risk by providing the best intelligence available. This is a great role for those looking to move into management in the longer term and seeking opportunities to develop these skills.
The Associate/Sr. Associate will directly support the production of client deliverables and provide management and report review support to the Associate Director leading the team. The successful candidate is expected to comprehend complex issues, regions, and industries while conducting detailed investigative research and analysis to identify and understand regulatory risks. Associates at both levels are responsible for handling the most challenging caseloads both in terms of number and complexity of projects, as well as reviewing other team members’ work to ensure that deliverables meet our high standard for quality. Senior Associates may manage a team of individual contributors.
- Provide leadership and supervise or mentor analysts in conducting research, performing analysis, and writing due diligence reports for final delivery to clients.
- Assist with the operations management of TDI’s due diligence and investigations practice.
- Manage and successfully deliver a diverse portfolio of at least 3-5 complex investigations at a time.
- Understand specific client requests to develop custom risk-analytic reports.
- Task and manage external sources required for projects.
- Manage the production lifecycle, including the scope, schedule, profitability, and quality of projects from the time tasking is received until it is closed out.
- Ensure other team members’ work products meet client-specific expectations and our internal quality standards.
Desired Skills and Knowledge
- Strong interpersonal and leadership/coaching skills.
- Experience mentoring, training, or giving feedback to others in an informal or formal role.
- Ability to review and edit the work of others.
- Exceptional research, writing, and analytical skills; candidates may be asked to complete a diagnostic test to this effect.
- Ability to exhibit a high level of work ethic and professionalism.
- Creative problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- At least 2 years of experience advising clients on regulatory or reputational risk issues and/or conducting and writing due diligence reports.
- At least 1 year of experience reviewing, editing, and providing quality control for client reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in international relations, political science, regional studies, business or related area of study.
- Professional fluency in English required; professional proficiency in another language— with a specific emphasis on Arabic or, Chinese, or Korean—preferred but not required.
Please note interviews will be conducted via video conferencing or telephone.
TDI is a strategic advisory and risk intelligence firm that helps multinational organizations more effectively manage commercial, regulatory, and reputational risk. We deliver a decisive information advantage to our clients through advisory services, due diligence and investigations, and a best-in-class analytics suite that dramatically increases efficiency and provides critical insights. Founded in 1999, TDI’s unique blend of commercial, intelligence, and technology experience allows us to understand and evaluate people, assets, and transactions within their broader political and commercial context.
At TDI, you will learn corporate risk in an international context while managing complex and dynamic projects across the globe. On a day-to-day basis, you will leverage your business or regional knowledge and foreign language skills while developing your investigative research and communication skills with a growing and collaborative team. Our fast-paced environment means that you will constantly face new challenges, develop additional skills, and have growth opportunities along the way.
Global Insight. Actionable Intelligence.
TDI is committed to equal opportunity employment. Applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, gender identity, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, age, disability or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
full-timeon-siteAnalyst, Due Diligence & InvestigationsLearn More
full-timeon-siteAssociate Director, Due DiligenceLearn More
full-timeon-siteAssociate, InvestigationsLearn More
full-timeon-siteProposal and Client Engagement CoordinatorLearn More
full-timeremoteCopy EditorLearn More
full-timeon-siteSales DirectorLearn More
full-timeon-siteAssociate, Client ManagementLearn More
full-timeon-siteHR DirectorLearn More
full-timeon-siteTalent Acquisition SpecialistLearn More