TDI is hiring an Associate Director to join us in our Washington, DC office and manage one of the firm’s due diligence research teams. This is a leadership opportunity for an experienced due diligence professional to lead and mentor a team of individuals who must comprehend complex issues and industries quickly. This individual will also conduct detailed and complex investigative research and analysis—via a range of open-source and proprietary sources—to identify and understand regulatory and reputational risks. The successful candidate will be a “player-coach,” managing the team’s workflow and providing guidance—as well as contribute to project delivery.
- Provide leadership to and supervise the professional development and performance of analysts and associates in conducting research, performing analysis, and writing reports for final delivery to clients primarily focused on due diligence.
- Understand specific client requests and develop custom risk-analytic reports.
- Oversee the team’s production lifecycle, including the scope, schedule, profitability, and quality of projects from the time a tasking is received until it is closed out.
- Work with client managers to brief and advise clients.
- Ensure all work products meet client-specific expectations and our internal quality standards.
Required Skills and Knowledge
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills.
- Ability to exhibit a high level of work ethic and professionalism.
- Creative problem-solving abilities.
- Exceptional reading, writing, and analytical skills; candidates will be asked to complete a diagnostic test to this effect.
- Adept at effectively supervising a team of skilled analysts and associates.
- Excellent time management skills, and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- A proven track record of driving process improvement and training staff.
- At least 2 years of experience managing other people.
- At least 3 years of experience advising clients on regulatory or reputational risk issues and/or conducting and writing due diligence reports.
- At least 4 years of experience reviewing, editing, and providing quality control for client reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in international relations, political science, regional studies, business or related area of study.
- Professional fluency in English required; professional proficiency in another language preferred with a specific emphasis on Chinese, Portuguese or Spanish.
TDI is a strategic advisory and risk intelligence firm that helps multinational organizations more effectively manage commercial, regulatory, and reputational risk. We deliver a decisive information advantage to our clients through advisory services, due diligence and investigations, and a best-in-class analytics suite that dramatically increases efficiency and provides critical insights. Founded in 1999, TDI’s unique blend of commercial, intelligence, and technology experience allows us to understand and evaluate people, assets, and transactions within their broader political and commercial context.
Global Insight. Actionable Intelligence.
TDI is committed to equal opportunity employment. Applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, gender identity, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, age, disability or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
full-timeon-siteAnalyst, Due DiligenceLearn More
full-timeon-siteAnalyst, Risk IntelligenceLearn More
full-timeon-siteIT AnalystLearn More
full-timeon-siteAssociate Director, Due Diligence (APAC)Learn More
full-timeremoteCompliance Technology ConsultantLearn More
full-timeremoteJunior Salesforce AdministratorLearn More
full-timeremoteJunior Salesforce DeveloperLearn More
full-timeon-siteMENA Analyst, Risk IntelligenceLearn More
full-timeremoteSalesforce AdministratorLearn More
full-timeremoteSalesforce DeveloperLearn More
full-timeon-siteSenior Analyst, Risk Intelligence & Due DiligenceLearn More
full-timeon-siteSenior InvestigatorLearn More
full-timeon-siteTalent Acquisition SpecialistLearn More